Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Application of Development and Implementation phases in ADDIE for developing an e-learning package

Comment on how you will apply the Development and Implementation phases in ADDIE for developing an e-learning package


For Development, I have to come out with storyboards in order to make sure which respective learning content come first. The learning contents must be in an order so that the users using the e-learning package would learn in a respective way. I could also use storyboards to produce videos so that the users would be able to learn something regarding to the learning contents. As for the learning contents, the production of these could be in many forms. As for me, I prefer to produce contents in the form of text with images, presentation slides with voice recording, video shooting, editing, animation and programming. Sometimes, I would ask myself what are the effective design and development tools for my e-learning website. The answers for it are that I would use the Windows Movie Maker to create home-made videos, sound recorder for voice recording, Microsoft Powerpoint for presentation slides, Flash CS3 for animation, Firework CS3 to create site designs and Dreamweaver CS3 for the design of the website template. Well, is there a need to start from scratch in finding the content for my e-learning package? The answer is NO! I would be able to obtain my contents from lecture notes, books and other relevant sources that can help the users to understand the learning contents.

For Implementation, it is a must to implement the SCORM and AICC standards in my e-learning package. In this way, the small e-learning objects could be reused over and over again to prevent the wasting of precious time, which could be used to do other stuffs. Also, the AICC aids in the development, delivery and evaluation of my e-learning contents. Next, a tracking icon would be added to my e-learning website to keep track on the number of visits of the users. A high number of visits mean that a lot of users are visiting the e-learning website to learn, while a low number of visits mean that very little users visit the website to learn. Next, I would use the two most commonly used browsers for the delivery of my e-learning package. These two browsers are Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla Firefox. Lastly, the uploading of the e-learning contents is a must and I must test out whether everything works perfectly well or not. If not, I would have to evaluate on how I can improve to make sure that the users would be able to access to my e-learning package perfectly well.
Feedbacks are equally important as well. With feedbacks, we are able to check whether the users have learned anything from the e-learning package by giving them online assessment. Then, improvements could be made to the e-learning package if the users have low grades for the online assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment